Thursday, August 6, 2009

MVF...Or Man V. Food for the non-followers

I have a new obsession (Mer, this is along the same lines as Shark Week in my opinion). My obsession is with the show Man Versus Food. I can't watch it enough! This cat literally eats his way through cities throughout the US. And since this is how I grew up (Dad would always find the local fair of wherever we vacationed) I can completely relate. It makes me want to go to these places just so I can taste some of the things that I see him eat!


But at least once on every show he takes on a food challenge. It's really one of two things: either "eat this mountain of food within said time limit" or "eat this fire hot dish of pure spice and see if you can survive without bursting into flames." But it is so entertaining to me!


One challenge he did was where he had to eat 6 hot wings and then last for 5 minutes without drinking anything. Did I mention they were covered in habenero sauce and he had to finish all the sauce and lick his fingers afterward?! Yeah, the joker attacked the wings like he was in the "mountain of food" contest not thinking strategically about limiting the skin surface area exposed to habenero flame and got the sauce all over his face. What a rookie....he completed the challenge but in his post-challenge quasi-press conference his face was beet red because the sauce had begun to eat his face off!


Anyway...watch it. I have no idea if you will get the kind of enjoyment out of it that I do but it is definitely entertaining!

2 comments:

Libba said...

I'm with you. It's a morbid fascination I have with this show. It makes me hurt, though, to think about the volume of food he consumes.

Redinc in Maine said...

Audra, I, too, LOVE the show! I can't believe what ha can eat! I would also like to go to those places and try their fare! Looks pretty yummy to me! When do we start?